Congratulations on your new car, or if you have decided to sell your old car but is your vehicle roadworthy? In Australia, there are multiple rules and regulations on the purchase and sale of an automobile from a safety and legal standpoint. For a vehicle to be considered roadworthy, it should have all the necessary permits, roadworthy certificate needs to be taken. This permit not only determines the safety of the automobile but also attracts numerous potential customers in no time.
Let’s take a look at some of the most significant aspects of roadworthy certificate and understand it better:
Roadworthy certificate is certificate that ensure that the vehicle was inspected and is safe to be on road. The government of the concerned state appoints various authorities who are responsible for providing this certification after testing the vehicle and making sure that it stands on all the set standards. Once all the requirements are met road certificate is issued in the vehicle’s name followed by the motor vehicle license. For a brand new vehicle, the road-worthy certificate is provided by the manufacturers and for the resale of the automobile and renewal of the certificates, one needs to contact a vehicle testing station.
Process for the Roadworthy Certification
While you decide to take your brand new car on the road, before that you need to follow the process and applying for certification.
- Find out the nearest private or public vehicle testing station and go to a licensed roadworthy inspection center along with necessary documents such as Identity proof, Vehicle Registration Certificate, and the Prescribed Fee.
- Fill out all the necessary details in the Application for Certification of Road-worthiness (ACR) form.
- Once all the details are filled in, attach the documents with the form and submit them for processing.
- The testing station would notify you of the rest of the details including the time and fees
- Once the form is processed, one of the operators would carry out a series of checks to make sure your car is in a suitable state to be on roads or not.
- Next, you need to do a complete logbook service of your vehicle to understand its current state.
- The last step is to appear for a certification test in which a professional examiner examines each part of your vehicle in a detailed manner. From the tiers to the braking system, suspension, body rust, steering, etc.
- In case your vehicle fails the test, you may re-apply for the certification by repairing and replacing the machinery as recommended by the operator.
Tenure of the Roadworthy Certificate
The certificate lasts for 60 days although the certificate varies from state to state and needs renewal if expired and before selling the vehicle. Licensed vehicle tester carries the process of renewal, which includes overall vehicle inspection. This is important for people who are planning to resale their vehicle as the buyers look for those automobiles whose roadworthy certificate is at least 30 days old and not more than that.
However, the vehicle may not remain road-worthy throughout the time it is certified for. The cost for the roadworthy certificate in Hoppers Crossing varies from vehicle to vehicle depending upon the factors like the age of the vehicle and its present condition. Thus, it is recommended to choose a reputed company for fixing your car so that you can make the most out of your certificate.
Roadworthy vehicle inspection
Only the key components of the vehicle are inspected, especially those which play a key role in the safety of the driver and passengers such as lights, reflectors, steering, braking systems, suspensions, windscreen and windows including front wipers and washers, seats, and seatbelts and other safety-related items on the body and engine.
The inspection does not cover the mechanical reliability of the overall vehicle in terms of wear and tear. Vehicle accessories such as air conditioners, rear window wipers, electric windows, rear window demisters are not covered during the roadworthy certification examination.
If you are buying, selling, or re-registering the vehicle and want to do a core due diligence you can trust the expert testers of A-One Auto Care. A-One Auto Care will give you reliable advice on the repair and replacement. We are known for providing the best car services and for roadworthy certificate in Hoppers Crossing, Werribee, Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing and surrounding suburbs.